It was my birthday and I had some Chi. I will reuse the plastic bottles by making some of my home made ginger beer.
1. Put 1tsp of yeast into a glass with 1/2 cup warm water and 1 tsp sugar.
2. In a big bowl mix 2 cups sugar, 1Tbsp ginger, 1tsp lemon essence, 1tsp tartaric acid and 2 L boiling water. Stir until you can’t see the sugar anymore.
3. Add 2 L cold water. Mix in yeast mixture. Cover and leave for 2 days.
4. Pour into 4 bottles through a cloth. It’s a filter to get all the mucky bits.
5. put 1tsp of sugar into each bottle. Top up with some cold water if you don’t have much mix but leave some room at the top for the gas.
6. Leave somewhere warm for 5 days.
7. Open it carefully and I must warn you, open the bottle very slowly or the gingerbeer might explode everywhere.
How to make a woven purse out of plastic bags
This is a video about how to make your own purses and bags that are woven and are not a waste for the environment. If you can’t make your own, support the people who have shared their knowledge of how to do it. You can buy made bags from them and it tells you how in the clip.
Animals such as the albatross swallow lip balm tubes and sticks so we made our own that doesn’t need a plastic container that they could eat, and it can break down fast. These are the ingredients:
1 Tbsp of beeswax
2 Tbsp of cocoa butter
2 Tbsp of coconut oil
20 drops of essential oil
1: Put a bit of water at the bottom of a pot.
2: Put the stove on a high temperature.
3: Place a bowl over the pot.
4: Put all of the ingredients in the bowl and melt.
5: Pour in to small glass containers.
6: And leave to set.
(Based on a recipe from http://www.wellnessmama.com)