Mermaids tears are little plastic beads that are used to form into other plastic things such as plastic bottles. They have found their way into our seas and our beaches. Will we find any on our beaches? We will take a look.
Tsunamis can pollute people, homes and houses and also the ocean. They wipe out people’s houses and cars taking the plastic in them. The plastic will wash up on shore and some sea animals will choke. Tangaroa, God of the sea, will feel annoyed and angry. If you see any rubbish lying on the beach, please pick it up. Either recycle it if you can, or put it in the bin.
It was my birthday and I had some Chi. I will reuse the plastic bottles by making some of my home made ginger beer.
1. Put 1tsp of yeast into a glass with 1/2 cup warm water and 1 tsp sugar.
2. In a big bowl mix 2 cups sugar, 1Tbsp ginger, 1tsp lemon essence, 1tsp tartaric acid and 2 L boiling water. Stir until you can’t see the sugar anymore.
3. Add 2 L cold water. Mix in yeast mixture. Cover and leave for 2 days.
4. Pour into 4 bottles through a cloth. It’s a filter to get all the mucky bits.
5. put 1tsp of sugar into each bottle. Top up with some cold water if you don’t have much mix but leave some room at the top for the gas.
6. Leave somewhere warm for 5 days.
7. Open it carefully and I must warn you, open the bottle very slowly or the gingerbeer might explode everywhere.